Saturday, April 4, 2009

Been called a "commie"


It started so innocently. One of the Wall Street Journal's blogs had a short article about the good impression Michelle Obama made on Queen Elizabeth. The article mentioned that the two made physical contact of a friendly sort. (This was before AP reported that the queen touched Mrs. Obama first.) In the comments section, someone I'll call "S" referred to the Obamas as hicks and said it wouldn't be long before "you Obamites begin to feel really, really, stupid."

I posted a reply that I think Michelle Obama is highly educated, beautiful, charming, etc., and I'm proud to see her represent our country.

Here's the comment I got back, the one that refers to me (and others who think like me) as Commies.

"Oh, yes, Michelle is just the best-est Marxist you could find anywhere, educated off the American Tax dollar, mindset of entitlement, not “proud” of her country till halfway thru adulthood, oh, yes, she’s just FABULOUS!!! Both of them make great book ends to hold up your issues of Mein Kampf. Better brush up on your goose-stepping…..If you think that’s “charming and beautiful”, then, obviously you’re in the same catagory…you must have drank the kool aid along with all the rest of the other good little Commies."

Umm, wasn't Mein Kampf a book and not a magazine published in "issues?" And wasn't Mein Kampf written by Hitler, a fascist, which isn't the same thing as a communist?

But what's truly scary is the hatred and rage on top of the stupidity. Makes me think of the film footage of those crowds at Nuremberg.

No comments: